Saryu Doshi Post Graduate Fellowships – 2018
The Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation is a non-profit charity trust that supports initiatives in the fields of Art & Culture, Education and Community.
The Fellowships aim to support students of Indian nationality who have received acceptance at a University abroad to pursue post-graduation in the field of Liberal Arts (Masters, Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate or Doctorate). The Fellowships are applicable to the fields of Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
The main aim of the fellowship program is to enhance the higher education by giving an opportunity to academically bright students who have a drive to succeed but are unable to do so due to their financial challenges. This is a need-based merit Fellowship and abides by the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy. The maximum amount for the Fellowship will be upto Rs 3 lakhs per fellow, which will be payable as a onetime amount.
- They must have a first class degree or equivalent from a recognized Indian university.
- They must have secured admission in a foreign university of repute, on their own merit for a course commencing from August OR September OR October, 2018.
- Should be an Indian citizen
- Candidates studying in the final year of the degree or equivalent may also apply, provided they are able to submit their final year certificates before May 07th, 2018.
- January 2018: The Fellowship will be announced through various means including the newspaper, social media and informational posters at various Colleges and Universities in Mumbai and Pune. The application form is now available on our website www.vsdf.org.
- Candidates are asked to complete an application form and courier it to the Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation at the following address : Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation Post Graduate Fellowship, c/o Premier Ltd. , 58 Nariman Bhavan, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.
- May 07th, 2018: DEADLINE TO RECEIVE COMPLETED APPLICATIONS. The application form should be duly filled and submitted with all the essential enclosures to the above mentioned address before May 07th 2018.
- June 10th, 2018: The interview date will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates.
- June 19th 2018 onwards: The final interview of the candidates will take place, post the final year results
- End of July / beginning of August : Final selection announced
- August 2018: Awards are presented annually. The winners will be invited to this event. Cheques will be presented at this time subject to the student having received a valid student visa from the country in question.
For more details: CLICK HERE