Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships
In its continuous endeavors towards improving and managing the benchmarks, quality and relevance of higher agricultural education in the nation, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here-in-after, referred as the Council, has organized International Fellowships with double purpose for (I) human resource development in cutting edge advances, and (ii) exhibiting the quality of Indian farming framework abroad. The goal is to create skilled human resources that are prepared in the distinguished best research centers on the planet (for Indian competitors) and correspondingly uncover abroad contender to the best Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AU framework (containing State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, ICAR-Deemed Universities, Allahabad Agricultural Institute-DU, Central Colleges having rural workforce) for making a pool of scientist-envoys for improved future co-activity.
Title: The fellowship is named as “Netaji Subhas – ICAR International Fellowship (NSICARIF)” and the awardee will be called “NS-ICAR International Fellow”.
The NS-ICARIFs are accessible to help Indian/Overseas nationals for seeking after doctoral degree in farming and associated sciences, in the distinguished prior areas, to the
Indian contender for study abroad in the distinguished overseas Colleges/Institutions having solid research and teaching capabilities and
Overseas candidates for studdy in the best Indian AUs in the ICAR-AUs framework.
For study in the identified institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and adequate strength in terms of faculty and infrastructure facilities, the NS ICAR-IFs are tenable at:
- identified overseas institutions in case of Indian candidates and
- identified Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) from ICAR-AU system in India in case of overseas candidates.
No of Fellowships:
Number of fellowships available every year for a programme leading to Ph.D. degree under this scheme will be thirty (30). The allocation of fellowships between Indian and Overseas candidates will depend upon the availability of good candidates in the identified priority areas
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICARIFs
- The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
The notification for fellowship will contain the detailed eligibility requirements.
- Netaji Subhas- ICARIF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji SubhasICAR IFs.
Last date for receipt of application is June 15, 2018.
Official Notification: CLICK HERE